Saturday, April 9, 2011

School Dances

So tonight is our University's Spring Formal. From what I've gandered there will be approximately 90 people in attendance. My high School was small and so was our prom but I think we managed to attract more people. I have mixed feelings about dances. I either have a good time or come home feeling sick because I have social anxiety. I can never force my self to enjoy it. Either I feel confident because I actually have people who make me feel included with or I get self conscious and want to go to my room and be alone. I often feel like I'm "tagging along" or I have to insert myself into a group. I bought the ticket and I mentioned that I might not go to a friends and they said that I should. It made me wonder, since he's SAC Chair(Student Activities Counsel), if it would be that there would be one more person there or if he really wanted me to come. Here I go into my brain's constant analysis of what people really think about me. Would anyone actually notice that I wasn't there, notice if I was, if I left? I really shouldn't put this into a blog but oh well. It's all like reliving High School, my adolescent ideology that people care about how I look or act and all that stuff. Ok I'm stopping.

Do other larger Colleges and Universities still have "Formals" or are they just Frat parties?

No comments:

Post a Comment